Your family will love this hearty and smoky dish that comes together in a snap. A basic red beans and rice mix gets a quick makeover for a deliciously filling meal.
- 1 package (8 ounces) red beans and rice mix
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce, optional
- Cook red beans and rice mix according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute sausage and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add the shrimp, tomatoes, brown sugar and hot sauce if desired. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Stir in rice mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Jiffy Jambalaya in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p7
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Favorite Jiffy Jambalaya
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review