Honey butter tastes so yummy spread over these hot and snappy muffins from Mary Thomas of Hugo, Minnesota. “They're delicious with soups, stews and chili,” says Mary.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in corn and jalapeno.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. In a small bowl, combine honey butter ingredients. Serve with warm muffins. Yield: 8 muffins.
Originally published as Jalapeno Corn Muffins in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p24
Reviews for Favorite Jalapeno Corn Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review