Favorite Jalapeno Corn Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in corn and jalapeno.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. In a small bowl, combine honey butter ingredients. Serve with warm muffins. Yield: 8 muffins.
1 each: 175 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Favorite Jalapeno Corn Muffins
"This is so good. I'm from conrnbread country and I give it an A+. Don't forget to try the honey butter."
"Really enjoyed these and the honey butter was a great compliment. I used only half jalapeno and it was great - but I may try the whole jalapeno next time."
"Very tasty! I used canned Jalapenos. The honey butter went well with this too."
"Have you tried doubling this recipe? 8 muffins would never be enough for my family."