Favorite Italian Sausage Stew Recipe
Here's your answer to what's for dinner on those cold winter nights. Our Test Kitchen created this savory, chunky stew that will warm you head to toe!
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Combine the cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into sausage mixture. Add the tomatoes, potatoes, carrots and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add zucchini.
- 2. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 187 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 868 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC