Here's your answer to what's for dinner on those cold winter nights. Our Test Kitchen created this savory, chunky stew that will warm you head to toe!
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Combine the cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into sausage mixture. Add the tomatoes, potatoes, carrots and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add zucchini.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Sausage Stew in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p37
Reviews for Favorite Italian Sausage Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review