Favorite Italian Sausage Stew Recipe
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 4 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Combine the cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into sausage mixture. Add the tomatoes, potatoes, carrots and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add zucchini.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Italian Sausage Stew(4)
Sort By :
Yum... The recipe is very easy.. Yes I would make it again. I did ofcourse put my own twist to it. I added oregano, rosemary and fresh chopped spinach. With a loaf of crusty bread a family favorite.
I made this stew today and you're absolutely correct Jan - it's delicious and definitely a keeper. I was able to use fresh basil from my garden and I grated the zucchini and added it at the last minute. Anyway you make this will be a winner. Thank you for bumping it up.
We will be definately making this again. I made some changes, using what I had on hand.
Used Spicy Italian sausage links, browned them in frypan, and cut them in Â¼ inch slices.(Browning them before slicing helps them keep their shape.) Used 1 pint home canned tomatoes and added Â¼ tsp oregano and Â¼ tsp dried basil (in addition to the fresh basil in the recipe.) Omitted the zucchini, and added 1 pt. home canned green beans and about 10 quartered fresh mushrooms. Jan.
This is to die for! My co-worker and I use hot Italian sausage. Our husbands love it! It's been a regular on our menus for months now.
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Sausage Soup >
- Soup Recipes >