Favorite Italian Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 jar (11-1/2 ounces) pepperoncini
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-3/4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced and quartered
- 10 to 12 hard rolls, split
- Drain the pepperoncini, reserving liquid. Remove and discard stems of peppers; set peppers aside. Cut roast into large chunks; place a third of the meat in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add water.
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; sprinkle half over beef. Layer with half of the remaining meat, then the onion and pepperoncini. Pour pepperoncini liquid over the top. Add remaining meat to slow cooker; sprinkle with remaining seasonings.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Shred beef with two forks. Using a slotted spoon, serve beef and peppers on rolls. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Favorite Italian Beef Sandwiches
Sort By :
"I cannot tell you how many times I have made this over the past 5 years and we love it every time! If you do not take care to remove the seeds when you are de-stemming, it can have quite a bit of kick. These go great with a macaroni or potato salad. Definitely one of our favorite slow cooker recipes."
"Great meal for Sunday football! It was so easy to prepare and very delicious! The pepperoncinis gave this recipe a great Italian flavor. I would definitely make this again."
"Very easy!!! Nice to come home to!"
"This has become our family's favorite Italian Beef sandwich! I typically freeze half of the beef to reheat on those busy days when cooking a meal from scratch is not an option. It reheats beautifully."
"DELICIOUS! Have yet to find someone that doesn't love it!! Perfect for game day or family dinner! Tender and moist with fantastic flavor. Perfect as is, but can add more juice from the pepperoncinis to give it a little more spice! Great with french bread loves. My husband likes to put cheese on his as well. Even better reheated!"