- or until meat is tender.
- Add potatoes and carrots; cover and cook for 20 minutes. Stir in
- peas; cook 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Add seasonings and Worcestershire sauce. Combine remaining flour with
- water until smooth; stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cup equals 271 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 618 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.