For parties, I like to make these wings in advance and keep them warm in a slow cooker. The mild sauce is finger-licking good! —Tracie Calkin, Casper, Wyoming
- 20 whole chicken wings (about 4 pounds)
- Vegetable oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce
- 3 to 4 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- Celery and carrot sticks
- Ranch or blue cheese salad dressing
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken wings, a few at a time, until juices run clear. Drain on paper towels.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in the brown sugar, lemon juice, garlic and hot sauce; bring just to a boil. Add chicken wings; turn to coat. Cook and turn for 5-10 minutes or until well coated. Serve with celery and carrot sticks and salad dressing for dipping. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Hot Wings in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p218
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Favorite Hot Wings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review