- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Assorted reduced-fat melba toast or pita chips
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Reduce heat to low; stir in cream cheese and sour cream. Add artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Transfer to an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm with melba toast or pita chips. Yield: 18 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Favorite Hot Artichoke Spinach Dip
"I've made this as written, and it's wonderful. Now when I make it, I sub greek yogurt for the sour cream and nobody can tell the difference. Sometimes I add a can of green chilies and/or jalapenos for a little kick."
"I have been making this for a long time. It is a favorite."
"Hardly noticed it was a healthy version! Makes a ton, so bring a hungry bunch!"
"The bowl is empty after every event I've taken this to. I bake it in the oven though, not the microwave."
"I didn't use the lowfat version of anything. This recipe was very green tasting, not overpowered by cheese. I would have liked a creamier taste."
"I made this for a company carry in. I also put it in over at 375 for about 20 min. It was gobbled up quickly."
"I made this for a family dinner party, and they dubbed it "boomerang dip" because you keep coming back for more. haha! It is really good. I will definitely make it again."
"I love, love, love this recipe! It's delicious as an appetizer with pita chips and then as a toast topper the next morning."
"Very good! I put it in the oven for about 20 min. At 375 insteadt of putting it in the microwave. Just till it was a little brown on top and bubbling."
"Made this for a lunch at work. Very easy to prepare and everyone loved it. No one knew that it was a lighter version of the dip."