No one will ever suspect that this creamy party classic is lower in fat than the much loved original. The combination of artichoke hearts, spinach and Parmesan cheese gives it great flavor. —Michelle Wentz of Fort Polk, Louisiana
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Assorted reduced-fat melba toast or pita chips
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Reduce heat to low; stir in cream cheese and sour cream. Add artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Transfer to an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm with melba toast or pita chips. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p39
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Favorite Hot Artichoke Spinach Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review