Favorite Hot Artichoke Spinach Dip Recipe
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Assorted reduced-fat melba toast or pita chips
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Reduce heat to low; stir in cream cheese and sour cream. Add artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Transfer to an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm with melba toast or pita chips. Yield: 18 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Favorite Hot Artichoke Spinach Dip
Sort By :
The bowl is empty after every event I've taken this to. I bake it in the oven though, not the microwave.
I didn't use the lowfat version of anything. This recipe was very green tasting, not overpowered by cheese. I would have liked a creamier taste.
I made this for a company carry in. I also put it in over at 375 for about 20 min. It was gobbled up quickly.
I made this for a family dinner party, and they dubbed it "boomerang dip" because you keep coming back for more. haha! It is really good. I will definitely make it again.
I love, love, love this recipe! It's delicious as an appetizer with pita chips and then as a toast topper the next morning.