Favorite Hot Artichoke Spinach Dip Recipe
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Assorted reduced-fat melba toast or pita chips
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Reduce heat to low; stir in cream cheese and sour cream. Add artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm with melba toast or pita chips. Yield: 18 servings.
One serving (1/4 cup) equals 71 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.