Favorite Herbed Potatoes Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) whole potatoes, drained and halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook potatoes in butter and oil for 6-8 minutes or until browned. Add the remaining ingredients; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until well coated. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 152 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 491mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Favorite Herbed Potatoes
"Delicious! So quick! I mixed all the spices together in a small Tupperware container the night before so when it was time to cook, everything was already measured & mixed together & ready to sprinkle on the cooked potatoes for the rest of the cooking time! Perfect!"
"good recipe. nice change to plain potates"
"These potatoes are easy and flavorful."
"Really good. I used red potatoes, quartered and it turned out great."
"A GOOD quick SIDE DISH"
"these are awesome, i used smoked paprika"
"I'm not a big potato eater but I love this recipe as does my husband. I serve them with a little light sour cream."
"An easy, delicious, inexpensive way to use up all your spices in your spice rack!~ Theresa"
"Instead of canned potatoes I used new potatoes, quartered them, and cooked them in a covered skillet about 20 minutes. The results were still magnificent. Great flavor!"