Favorite Herbed Potatoes Recipe
“I saw something similar to Favorite Herbed Potatoes prepared on TV and decided to make my own version with herbs I had on hand,” writes Naomi Olson of Hamilton, Michigan. “To cut prep time, I substituted fresh potatoes with canned, and we like it just as much…probably even better.”
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) whole potatoes, drained and halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook potatoes in butter and oil for 6-8 minutes or until browned. Add the remaining ingredients; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until well coated. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 152 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 491 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC