- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons strong hot brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Shaved dark chocolate and chopped hazelnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan with parchment paper; grease paper. Place eggs and sugar in a blender; cover and process until frothy. Add hazelnuts, flour and baking powder; cover and process 1 minute or until blended.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Remove rim from pan. Invert cake onto a wire rack; carefully remove pan bottom and paper. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine filling ingredients; beat until smooth. Using a long serrated knife, cut cake horizontally in half. Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with filling. Top with remaining cake layer.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Spread whipped cream over top and sides of cake. Decorate as desired with shaved chocolate and hazelnuts. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Favorite Hazelnut-Mocha Torte in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p130
Reviews for Favorite Hazelnut-Mocha Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review