- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions until al dente; drain. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the noodles, soup, cheese, water and chili sauce. Transfer to two greased 8-in.-square baking dishes.
- Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casseroles. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Reviews for Favorite Hamburger Noodle Bake
Sort By :
"This was so good. We really enjoyed it."
"Very good flavor! We enjoyed it and it reheated well for the hubby the next day.We did freeze one I will update the review when we do as some of the frozen dishes are not as good as the 1st time around."
"A hit for the whole family."
"Wow:) This is the exact recipe that was in my Mom's Better Home and Garden Casserole recipe book I bought her with my reading tokens at a local book fair at my elementery school. How nice to find the recipe again! I haven't had this for dinner in over 30 years. It was one of our favorites"
"I'm one of those cooks who starts with a recipe and changes things. My husband won't eat chili sauce so I used tomato sauce instead. I added mushrooms, peas and carrots and extra cheese. Also used french-fried onions on top. Started with half recipe but with added stuff ended up in a 9x13" pan!"