Favorite Ham Fried Rice
My husband and I lived in Japan for a few years and came to love that country's ethnic dishes. This dish captures the Asian flavor better than any other recipes I've tried.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (3/4-inch cubes)
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2-1/4 teaspoon of oil.
- Pour eggs into skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath. Remove eggs to a plate; set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and celery in remaining oil until
- crisp-tender. Reduce heat. Add rice and ham; heat through. Stir in
- peas and corn; heat through.
- Meanwhile, chop egg into small pieces; gently fold into rice mixture.
- Drizzle with soy sauce. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 260 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 784 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.