Mustard and soy sauce really add flavor to this juicy flank steak from Kristin Roberts of Colorado Springs, Colorado. "With a potato dish, green salad and crusty bread, this is not only my favorite meal but a frequent request of family and friends," she writes.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine or beef broth
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Brush both sides of meat with mustard. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5-10 minutes on each side (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°. Slice thinly across the grain. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Flank Steak in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p61
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Favorite Grilled Flank Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2008
"My family absolutely loved this recipe. It was easy and delicious."