Favorite Grape Pie Recipe
Friends and family will be so impressed by this tasty pie. The grapes make a wonderful pie filling and is so easy to make.—Thom Borchert, Bella Vista, Arkansas
- 3 cups Concord grapes
- 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for a double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1. Remove skins from grapes by pinching grapes at end opposite stem (pulp pops out); reserve skins. In a saucepan, simmer pulp for 6 minutes or until seeds are loosened, stirring constantly. Press pulp through a sieve; discard seeds.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine pulp and reserved grape skins. Combine 1 cup sugar and flour; stir into sour cream. Add sour cream mixture, lemon juice and salt to grape mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry and flute edge. Pour filling into crust. Roll out remaining pastry and cut out a 6-in. circle. Center circle over pie filling. (Discard remaining pastry or save for another use.) Brush circle with egg yolk; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 403 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Favorite Grape Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC