Favorite Golden Chicken Nuggets Recipe
“My grandchildren all love chicken nuggets," writes Donna Louderback from Arkansas City, Kansas, "and they think this recipe tops those from the fast-food restaurants.” For a fun dipping sauce, mix together 1/2 cup of mayonnaise with 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/4 cups crushed sesame snack crackers (about 38 crackers)
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place crackers in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in mayonnaise mixture, then coat with cracker crumbs.
- 2. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 5 servings.
6 nuggets equals 466 calories, 27 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 419 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC