Gonzo for garbanzos, Eleanor Glofka found a way to duplicate a favorite restaurant recipe at home. "It's excellent as a side dish, as an appetizer or spooned over a tossed salad," she writes from Mountain Top, Pennsylvania. "It keeps for days in the refrigerator, but it never lasts that long in my house!"
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup whole ripe olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash dried oregano
- In a bowl, combine the beans, onion, olives, peppers, celery and Parmesan cheese. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garbanzo Bean Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p45
Reviews for Favorite Garbanzo Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review