Favorite Garbanzo Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup whole ripe olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash dried oregano
- In a bowl, combine the beans, onion, olives, peppers, celery and Parmesan cheese. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Garbanzo Bean Salad
Sort By :
I love this salad and make it a lot. I usually sustitutte whatever vegetable I have on hand and its always delicious!
This was very tasty! I used green onions vs. the red. And of course it had to have garlic. I also added 2T. lemon juice and a T. of fresh mint. I would definitely make it again.