Favorite Fudgy Brownies Recipe
I've made these moist brownies many times and they're always a hit. —June Formanek, Belle Plaine, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:16-20 servings
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans if desired.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16-20 brownies.
1 serving (1 each) equals 243 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC