I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, especially when our four children and nine grandchildren come to visit. This salad is always requested when they're here for dinner.
- 1/4 cup each grapefruit, orange and pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 6 cups torn Bibb lettuce
- 3 cups orange sections
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a saucepan, stir juices and cornstarch until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Add vinegar, oil, garlic, sugar, mustard, salt, paprika and nutmeg; stir to mix. Cover and chill.
- In a salad bowl, toss lettuces, oranges, pineapple and strawberries. Pour dressing over salad and toss; serve immediately. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Favorite Fruit Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p74
Reviews for Favorite Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review