- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Decorating sprinkles, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a bowl, beat the butter, milk and vanilla; add cocoa. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Decorate with sprinkles if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Frosted Brownies
Sort By :
Fantastic brownie! I often add whipped cream instead if the milk in the frosting makes it super fluffy. Served these at my neice's wedding reception. Everyone lived them.
These are fabulous! I have made them many times.
I'm a chewy brownie kind of girl...I thought this recipe was ok but nothing wow'd me! It was more cake-like...might be what you're looking for if you like cake brownies. :)
These are great brownies. My Family and I loved them.
This is a fabulous recipe. I have made it many times and made it for other people and everyone loves them.