Favorite Frosted Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Decorating sprinkles, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a bowl, beat the butter, milk and vanilla; add cocoa. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Decorate with sprinkles if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 each: 445 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 273mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Favorite Frosted Brownies
"Very soft, moist brownie with classic chocolate frosting. These probably would be living in my dreams if I was still a child. Great, easy recipe for a gathering!"
"Fantastic brownie! I often add whipped cream instead if the milk in the frosting makes it super fluffy. Served these at my neice's wedding reception. Everyone lived them."
"These are fabulous! I have made them many times."
"I'm a chewy brownie kind of girl...I thought this recipe was ok but nothing wow'd me! It was more cake-like...might be what you're looking for if you like cake brownies. :)"
"These are great brownies. My Family and I loved them."
"This is a fabulous recipe. I have made it many times and made it for other people and everyone loves them."