I don't think you can overdo chocolate for this holiday. Candy sprinkles dress up my tried-and-true brownies for the occasion.—Barbara Birk, St. George, Utah
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Decorating sprinkles, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a bowl, beat the butter, milk and vanilla; add cocoa. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Decorate with sprinkles if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Favorite Frosted Brownies in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p23
Reviews for Favorite Frosted Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review