Favorite Fried Chicken
"This is one of our favorites-for Sunday dinner or for taking along on a picnic," shares Rebekah Miller of Rocky Mount, Virginia. "Served hot or cold, it's a real treat."
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 chicken thighs (6 ounces each)
- 2 chicken drumsticks (4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five
- ingredients. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg and milk. Add chicken
- to bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Dip into egg
- mixture, then return to flour mixture and shake again. Remove from
- bag and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fry chicken in oil until golden brown on all sides. Reduce heat to
- medium and cook about 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads
- 180°. Yield: 2 servings.