Favorite Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 chicken thighs (6 ounces each)
- 2 chicken drumsticks (4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg and milk. Add chicken to bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Dip into egg mixture, then return to flour mixture and shake again. Remove from bag and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fry chicken in oil until golden brown on all sides. Reduce heat to medium and cook about 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Fried Chicken(5)
Sort By :
I have made it twice an it is very good. Only thing I do differently is put in the oven after draining the oil. 350 for half hour or until done.
This recipe was a complete disaster for me. The search continues...
This was a good fried chicken recipe. The pieces were crispy on the outside, moist and hot on the inside. The coating had a little bit of spice and decent flavor. The only issue I had with it was that I had to quadruple the coating ingredients when I only had double the amount of chicken. Overall, though, this was a success.
Just made this. It was delicious!!!
two thumbs up! I had to almost quadruple the ingredients because I had a value pack - 14 legs; but nevertheless it turned out equally as tasty!