- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the egg, water and vinegar; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Divide dough in half so that one ball is slightly larger than the other; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl, combine the sugar, tapioca, cornstarch and raspberries; let stand for 15 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger ball of dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer dough to pie plate; trim even with edge. Add raspberry filling; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining dough to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Brush with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Favorite Fresh Raspberry Pie
Sort By :
"Very good. I didn't let it cool long enough so at first it was a little runny and it could have used more sugar for my taste but both of those are on me. The recipe itself is great just the way it is."
"Loved this berry pie! We all enjoyed it! Great crust!"
"This is the best fruit pie recipe I have ever tasted. I've substituted strawberries, blueberries, sour cherries for the raspberries and they are just as good as the raspberry pies. The filling is not overly sweet."
"I am a professional Chef and I was thrilled with this recipe. The crust is phenomenal, flaky and easy to work. I have lots of raspberry bushes in my garden so I will make this again and again!"
"I've made this recipe several times and it always comes out perfect. My whole family loves it!"