- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the egg, water and vinegar; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Divide dough in half so that one ball is slightly larger than the other; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl, combine the sugar, tapioca, cornstarch and raspberries; let stand for 15 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger ball of dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer dough to pie plate; trim even with edge. Add raspberry filling; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining dough to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Brush with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Favorite Fresh Raspberry Pie
Sort By :
"Loved this berry pie! We all enjoyed it! Great crust!"
"This is the best fruit pie recipe I have ever tasted. I've substituted strawberries, blueberries, sour cherries for the raspberries and they are just as good as the raspberry pies. The filling is not overly sweet."
"I am a professional Chef and I was thrilled with this recipe. The crust is phenomenal, flaky and easy to work. I have lots of raspberry bushes in my garden so I will make this again and again!"
"I've made this recipe several times and it always comes out perfect. My whole family loves it!"
"My husband made this pie - twice! And he raved about the crust recipe...how nice it was to roll out and it was so flaky. This recipe will definitely get made every summer!"