- Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Stir in bread crumbs.
- Combine egg and remaining water; stir into meat mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry;
- trim even with edge. Fill with meat mixture. Roll out remaining
- pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute
- edges. Cut slits in pastry. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove foil. Reduce heat to 375°; bake 30-35
- minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now