Favorite Dutch Apple Pie Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups cold water
- 3 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats and butter; set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- For filling, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water in a large saucepan until smooth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in apples and vanilla.
- Pour into crust; top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Dutch Apple Pie(56)
Sort By :
This recipe is wonderful! I used the crust and topping part of the recipe with the apple pie filling I had frozen (http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/apple-pie-filling) and the two recipes complimented each other perfectly! I will definitely make it again and am also anxious to try the whole recipe when our apple tree bears again this fall.
Awesome! So easy to make and it tasted incredible. (I did add a bit of cinnamon.) We served with ice cream.
This is the Best Apple Pie Ever! My friends and family always request this. I follow the recipe exactly, no changes needed, the flavor is great. I make 10-12 every fall and freeze them for the rest of the winter
great and easy. Must add spices or its bland.
I took this pie to Thanksgiving and had never even attempted an apple pie. Wow, was it a hit!! There was one piece left when we were done and my dad claimed it for himself before anyone else could! I also added about 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg. This pie is super easy and especially DELICIOUS!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Dutch Apple Pie >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >