Favorite Dutch Apple Pie Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups cold water
- 3 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats and butter; set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- For filling, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water in a large saucepan until smooth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in apples and vanilla.
- Pour into crust; top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Dutch Apple Pie
Sort By :
"My family loved this! The filling recipe is great for a two crust pie as well as Dutch Apple. Filling held together well, didn't run when pie was cut. I added a little cinnamon to the filling for a bit more flavor. I'm adding this to my recipe box!"
"Have made this pie twice, added apple pie spice, and it has been a hit both times. Will make it again and again..."
"Super easy and yummy! I little sweet, so next time I'll use a little less sugar."
"This pie is very good, mostly due to the crust. I followed the recipe exactly as written except I added cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice to the crumb mixture and the filing thanks to the reviewers. I also added pecans to the topping. Will definitely make again."
"Total disaster! I did EXACTLY as the recipe stated. The only salvageable thing was the crust. It looked like a cornstarch slurry mess. I will never make this again."