Favorite Dutch Apple Pie Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups cold water
- 3 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats and butter; set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- For filling, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water in a large saucepan until smooth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in apples and vanilla.
- Pour into crust; top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Dutch Apple Pie
Sort By :
"I made this for the first time, and my girlfriend Absolutely LOVED it! It's DELICIOUS, and the crust.... words just simply can't describe how Incredibly Delicious the crust really is!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Added a bit more vanilla. It was fantastic!!!"
"Delish! Added a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice."
"I tried this recipe a couple weeks ago and I knew with the first bite it was going to be my favorite thing to make so everyone I love has gotten a pie!"
"I followed the recipe exactly and like it a lot. The flavor profile is unexpected and very different but I enjoyed it. I do intend to try it again but without the glaze and vanilla using sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. I absolutely love the crust!!!"