- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups cold water
- 3 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats and butter; set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- For filling, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water in a large saucepan until smooth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in apples and vanilla.
- Pour into crust; top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Dutch Apple Pie
Sort By :
"Big hit this Thanksgiving. Everyone loved it. Easy to make. Will make again for Christmas."
"made exactly as set out in recipe except added one teaspoon of cinnamon to filling. prep was easy and straight forward. enjoyed the pie filling but did not like the crust. the taste of butter was overwhelming. in the future I may prepare standard scratch pie crust with this filling."
"Did not like it at all/"
"Good pie recipe but I really loved the crust. Will use this to make other types of pie instead of the regular graham cracker crust."
"I made this today...not hard to make at all versus making pie crust from scratch. This pie was very good! I added cinnamon also as I read in the reviews...goes good with apple pie! Thank you for sharing! This recipe is a keeper :)"