Favorite Dutch Apple Pie Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups cold water
- 3 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats and butter; set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- For filling, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water in a large saucepan until smooth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in apples and vanilla.
- Pour into crust; top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Dutch Apple Pie(52)
Sort By :
I took this pie to Thanksgiving and had never even attempted an apple pie. Wow, was it a hit!! There was one piece left when we were done and my dad claimed it for himself before anyone else could! I also added about 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg. This pie is super easy and especially DELICIOUS!!!
Wonderfully delicious and easy! I think this has become my families favorite apple pie. The only thing I did different with the recipe is to add lots of cinnamon and nutmeg to the filling. I also sometimes add toasted pecans to the topping. It's an easy enough recipe that anyone who can chop apples can make this .
Easy and tastes great, I had cinnamon too to the filling
Beyond delicious! This is our new favorite dessert. I added a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to the apple mixture as we love the taste of apples and cinnamon. Will return to this recipe often!
Made this recipe the other night and it turned out wonderful! I took advice from a previous review and added chopped pecans to the 'pie crust' and was not disappointed.
The filling set up perfect and the crust stayed together and was easily lifted out of the pie plate.
This will be my 'go to' apple pie recipe from now on.
Thanks again TOH for another great recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Dutch Apple Pie >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >