Favorite Dipped Pretzel Rods
Coated in gooey caramel, then covered with chocolate and peanut butter chips, these decadent dipped pretzels are a delicious way to celebrate. For added variety, make some using butterscotch chips in place of the peanut butter chips.—Connie Banner, Castlewood, Virginia.
30 ServingsPrep: 55 min. + standing
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water
- 1-1/3 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (12 ounces) pretzel rods
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt caramels with water. In a
- large shallow bowl, combine chips and pecans.
- Pour caramel mixture into a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Dip each
- pretzel about one-third of the way into the caramel mixture (reheat
- in microwave if mixture becomes too thick for dipping). Allow excess
- caramel to drip off, then roll pretzels in the chip mixture. Place
- on waxed paper until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 2-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 pretzel rod equals 209 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.