Favorite Deviled Eggs Recipe
I found this recipe in a church cookbook many years ago. A colorful platter of deviled eggs is always well received at get-togethers or other special occasions. I delight in sharing this recipe because it's easy to make, delicious and different!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients until blended. Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll cheese. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 25 appetizers.
1 serving (3 each) equals 177 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 180 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC