Favorite Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 6 fat-free flour tortillas (8-1/2 inches)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1. In a skillet or saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute onion until tender. Remove from the heat. Add soup, tomatoes, sour cream, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese; mix well. Place 3 tablespoons on each tortilla; top with 1/3 cup chicken. Roll up tightly.
- 2. Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining soup mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving equals 362 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1107 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.