"This casserole has so much zesty Mexican flavor that my husband doesn't even realize it's a low-fat dish," says Shirley Meyer of Alden, Minnesota. "With its creamy sauce made from soup and cheeses, it tastes like a calorie-laden meal when it's not."
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 6 fat-free flour tortillas (8-1/2 inches)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- In a skillet or saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute onion until tender. Remove from the heat. Add soup, tomatoes, sour cream, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese; mix well. Place 3 tablespoons on each tortilla; top with 1/3 cup chicken. Roll up tightly.
- Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining soup mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken Enchiladas in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p15
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Favorite Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review