- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 6 fat-free flour tortillas (8-1/2 inches)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- In a skillet or saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute onion until tender. Remove from the heat. Add soup, tomatoes, sour cream, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese; mix well. Place 3 tablespoons on each tortilla; top with 1/3 cup chicken. Roll up tightly.
- Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining soup mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Favorite Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
"Tried this tonight with some left over roast chicken (probably a little more than the 2 cups called for). Added the Rotel tomatoes with chilis that says "hot" on the label. Didn't have any mozzarella cheese so grated some pepperjack cheese and used some sharp cheddar that I had on-hand. Also added a can of drained sliced olives. WOW! was this good. My husband, who wouldn't eat an enchillada if his life depended on it said to keep this recipe and make it often! We really enjoyed it and will definitely make it often. Served it with a can of re-fried fat free beans that I dressed up with salsa and topped with cheddar cheese. A great meal."
"One of the first recipes I made when I received the 2001 quick Cooking Cookbook and still making these 13 years later. Very yummy."
"I have made this recipe many times and I LOVE IT. Definitely a keeper. Anytime someone mentions that they like Mexican food I immediately suggest this. Souperb (pun intended)."
"Made this tonight and it was so very delicious. Printing this recipe as a keeper.One the of best mexican dishes we have had.Thank You Melissa R."
"This is a wonderful recipe...one I keep going back to for no fail quick and easy enchiladas. My kids love it too and they can be a bit picky!"
"I made this in my Crock Pot! I cooked the canned goods with 3 chicken breasts for 4 hrs on high. I then chopped the meat up right in the crock, and added the rest of the ingredients. I used 4 corn tortillas, cut up into little pieces. I also added a can of corn and french style green beans. I cooked it on high for about another hr or two. Most of my kids had seconds! This casserole was easier than rolling them up. I will make it in the crock from now on and next time I will add all of the ingredients in the beginning to see how it turns out. I'll just have to cut up the meat before serving. It's much easier for me that way."
"We don't like spicy food, so I use a regular can of diced tomatoes. These are so good I have to double the recipe for our large family. I made these for a friend after she had her baby and now she asks me several times a year to make them for her. :)"
"To 'whateverfood': Shirley Meyer noted this was a LOW FAT recipe. Many of us do not have to watch our salt or can work it into our day. If the sodium content doesn't work for you, find another recipe and spare us your rudeness please. This is an excellent recipe that goes together quickly. I add a clove of minced garlic-or for hurry-up times I use 1 tsp. onion powder for the onion and 1/2 tsp. garlic powder-and I add 1/2 tsp. cumin and a dash of cayenne. (We like it spicy.) I also like to sub. 2% Mexican 4 blend shredded cheese for the mozzarella. Use rotisserie chicken or the new packaged chicken strips for quick chicken options."
"Yeah, and about half the RDA of sodium...(it's not just in the soup and canned tomato/pepper- it's in the sour cream, cheeses and FLOUR tortillas)- Research!"