- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain noodles; add to chicken mixture.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°, stirring twice. Yield: 2 casseroles (5 servings each).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Favorite Creamy Chicken Casserole
Sort By :
"My hungry boys loved it and couldn't get enough. Luckily it makes two!!"
"My family is not a big fan of onions so I chose to omit them, BUT I crush butter crackers & sprinkle them on top & follow the baking directions"
"Very good. For future casseroles, and just because of my personal preference...I will saute the onion first. If you are not a big fan of crunchy onion, then I would suggest this for you, as well. Thank you for the wonderful recipe! "
"Super easy to make!"
"Used stir fry veggies and only 3 cans of soup, 2 chicken and 1 celery. It was really good. Topped w/ French's French Fried Onions to give it some crunch. We can eat on this most of the week."