- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain noodles; add to chicken mixture.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (5 servings each).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Favorite Creamy Chicken Casserole
Sort By :
Very good. For future casseroles, and just because of my personal preference...I will saute the onion first. If you are not a big fan of crunchy onion, then I would suggest this for you, as well. Thank you for the wonderful recipe!
Super easy to make!
Used stir fry veggies and only 3 cans of soup, 2 chicken and 1 celery. It was really good. Topped w/ French's French Fried Onions to give it some crunch. We can eat on this most of the week.
Yum! I used sautéed veggies instead of frozen and only 3 cans of soup . I prefer to sauté the onion before using in dishes like this to avoid crunchy onion in every bite.
Pretty good. The only thing I did differently was I subbed garlic salt for the regular salt and added a little extra onion. It would make a good filling for chicken pot pie, (if I ever would try that!)
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >