Jessica Bellis from Dacono, Colorado advises: "If you wish to make a main dish of this substantial soup, accompany it with a loaf of whole grain bread, sliced cheese or ham, and a basket of tomatoes."
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash white pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine the broth, cauliflower, onion and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Cool slightly. In a blender, process cauliflower mixture until smooth; set aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and seasonings until smooth; gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cauliflower mixture and cheese. Heat through (do not boil). Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Cream of Cauliflower Soup in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p59
Reviews for Favorite Cream of Cauliflower Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review