- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash white pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine the broth, cauliflower, onion and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Cool slightly. In a blender, process cauliflower mixture until smooth; set aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and seasonings until smooth; gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cauliflower mixture and cheese. Heat through (do not boil). Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Cream of Cauliflower Soup
Sort By :
EXCELLENT recipe! I doubled the recipe, added about one cup chopped celery and also carrots, substituted rosemary and some parsley for thyme and used Sargento Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar Cheese for the fontina. So good this is not only a "keeper" recipe, but I emailed it to several friends. Hot French Baguette and tomato slices sprinkled with celery salt hit the spot on a 20 degree winter day. Thank you so very much!
Carol Herman in Milwaukee, WI
Delicious! Will make again and again and again.
I didn't have fontina cheese but used parmesan and the substitution worked out well.
I made this soup an it was very good. I did not have any cheese so I made it with out the cheese. I crumbed some bacon on top of it. I will be making it again. you must try it!!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Cauliflower Soup >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Easter Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >