Favorite Cream of Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash white pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the broth, cauliflower, onion and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Cool slightly. In a blender, process cauliflower mixture until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In the same saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and seasonings until smooth; gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cauliflower mixture and cheese. Heat through (do not boil). Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium chicken broth and reduced-fat butter) equals 223 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 623 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.