Favorite Cranbery Coffee Cake Recipe
I saw a contest in a local newspaper and worked up this recipe. It won first prize in the dessert category! Cranberries grow in this region of the country, so this recipe represents our area well.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a greased 9-in. square baking pan, combine cranberries, walnuts and 1 cup of sugar. In a bowl, cream butter and the remaining sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop batter by large tablespoonfuls over cranberry mixture; carefully spread to cover. For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Coffee Cake in Country October/November 1996, p51
Reviews for Favorite Cranbery Coffee Cake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2010
I have made this many times. It is a delicious coffee cake that everyone loves.