Favorite Cranbery Coffee Cake Recipe
I saw a contest in a local newspaper and worked up this recipe. It won first prize in the dessert category! Cranberries grow in this region of the country, so this recipe represents our area well.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a greased 9-in. square baking pan, combine cranberries, walnuts and 1 cup of sugar. In a bowl, cream butter and the remaining sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop batter by large tablespoonfuls over cranberry mixture; carefully spread to cover. For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 462 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 317 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC