Favorite Cranbery Coffee Cake Recipe
I saw a contest in a local newspaper and worked up this recipe. It won first prize in the dessert category! Cranberries grow in this region of the country, so this recipe represents our area well.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:8-10 servings
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a greased 9-in. square baking pan, combine cranberries, walnuts and 1 cup of sugar. In a bowl, cream butter and the remaining sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop batter by large tablespoonfuls over cranberry mixture; carefully spread to cover. For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 462 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 317 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC