Favorite Cranberry Nut Bars
Each fall when cranberries are harvested, I buy many bags and put them in the freezer. That way I can enjoy these delicious berries all year long. This dessert is a favorite at potluck suppers.
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar, extracts and salt. Add butter. Combine
- flour and baking powder; gradually add to the sugar mixture and mix
- well. Fold in cranberries and nuts. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden
- brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 121 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.