Each fall when cranberries are harvested, I buy many bags and put them in the freezer. That way I can enjoy these delicious berries all year long. This dessert is a favorite at potluck suppers.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar, extracts and salt. Add butter. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in cranberries and nuts. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Nut Bars in Country Extra January 2001, p49
Reviews for Favorite Cranberry Nut Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2010
"A family favorite!"