Favorite Cranberry Mousse Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 package (3 ounces) cranberry or raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the cranberry sauce and juice to a boil; cook and stir until smooth. Stir in the gelatin until dissolved. Cool slightly; transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until mixture begins to thicken.
- 2. Fold in the whipped cream. Spoon into dessert dishes. Chill for 3-4 hours or until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 316 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Favorite Cranberry Mousse
"fantastic and flavorfull"
"I don't care for cranberry sauce but my husband always wants something cranberry for our Thanksgiving dinner. I made this and it was is really yummy! I used cool whip instead of the whipping cream."
"Really yummy. I used real heavy cream, and when I doubled the recipe I used one envelope raspberry and one black cherry gelatin."
"You can substitute Cool Whip for the whipped cream. Lite works just fine. Crushed pineapple adds a little more texture.I also will put cream cheese in half of it and layer it - very yummy."
"Hi!This sounds great... But do I really need to use HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM~ Susan"
"My husband and daughter don't care for traditional cranberry sauce, but they think this recipe is A-OK. So this is what I make every Thanksgiving, but as a side dish, not a dessert."