Favorite Cranberry Mousse
We live about 100 miles from Cape Cod, which is known for its cranberries. When we spent a weekend there, we toured the Cranberry World Visitors Center, which is where I found this recipe. When I made it for our fellowship group at church, everyone wanted the recipe. You’ll be surprised it’s so easy to make with just four ingredients.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 package (3 ounces) cranberry or raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large saucepan, bring the cranberry sauce and juice to a boil;
- cook and stir until smooth. Stir in the gelatin until dissolved.
- Cool slightly; transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until
- mixture begins to thicken.
- Fold in the whipped cream. Spoon into dessert dishes. Chill for 3-4
- hours or until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 316 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.