Favorite Cranberry Meatballs Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- Cooked rice or noodles
- 1. In a bowl, combine first six ingredients. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine cranberry sauce and tomato soup. Heat through. Add meatballs and simmer 10 minutes. Serve with rice or noodles. May also be used as an appetizer. Yield: 4 main-dish servings.
1 cup: 458 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 1423mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Favorite Cranberry Meatballs
"i didn't like the sauce - something about the tomato soup/ cranberry sauce combination was off."
"This is a great recipe! My whole family loves it. Even my grandchildren. The tangy sauce really adds a lot of flavor to the meatballs. It is so easy to fix. Will fix this again and keep the recipe handy. Thanks for the recipe."