Favorite Cranberry Meatballs
Although this recipe is perfect for the holiday season, plan to use it all year-roundcranberries add "zing" to menus anytime. And, if you're looking for an appetizer idea, shape the meatballs smaller and serve with party picks.
4 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- Cooked rice or noodles
- In a bowl, combine first six ingredients. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at
- 400° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cranberry sauce and tomato soup. Heat through. Add
- meatballs and simmer 10 minutes. Serve with rice or noodles. May
- also be used as an appetizer. Yield: 4 main-dish servings.
If Cooking for Two: Freeze half the cooked meatballs for another meal.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 458 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 1,423 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.