Although this recipe is perfect for the holiday season, plan to use it all year-round—cranberries add "zing" to menus anytime. And, if you're looking for an appetizer idea, shape the meatballs smaller and serve with party picks.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- Cooked rice or noodles
- In a bowl, combine first six ingredients. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cranberry sauce and tomato soup. Heat through. Add meatballs and simmer 10 minutes. Serve with rice or noodles. May also be used as an appetizer. Yield: 4 main-dish servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Meatballs in Reminisce November/December 1991, p35
Reviews for Favorite Cranberry Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review