Favorite Cranberry Cherry Pie
The addition cranberries in this pie is a great way to dress up canned cherry pie filling--the two flavors really compliment each other. --Rita Krajcir
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with the edge of
- plate. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cranberries, 3/4 cup
- sugar and cornstarch; stir in cherry pie filling. Spoon into crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute
- edges. Whisk together egg white and water; brush over crust.
- Sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Cover the edges loosely with foil. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until crust is golden
- brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 424 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.