Favorite Cranberry Cherry Pie Recipe
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with the edge of plate. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cranberries, 3/4 cup sugar and cornstarch; stir in cherry pie filling. Spoon into crust.
- 2. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Whisk together egg white and water; brush over crust. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- 3. Cover the edges loosely with foil. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 424 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Favorite Cranberry Cherry Pie
"Huge hit for our family, will make this again"
"I make jams so I had chopped fresh cranberries in my food processor 4 cups and froze them. I thawed them and used 4 cups of chopped cranberries with one can of pie filling and 4 TBS of cornstarch, 3/4 cups of sugar. My family liked it with vanilla ice cream or whip cream. It was slightly tart, if you like it sweeter you could add more sugar. Will make it again was a nice change."
"I thought the combination was a change of pace from pumpkin (still luv pumpkin!). Since I had deep dish crusts, I actually used the whole (small) bag of cranberries which was 4 cups. Still used the one can of Cherry pie filling. The cranberries and cherry combination was AWESOME!!! plus the addition of some nuts in there.....Really Good!!! These will be a huge hit out at bake sale coming up.....will have to make more pies as these will be gone today!!"
"I have made this recipe for the past 7 years now and its a big hit with my family everytime.Especially around the holidays, its a very pretty red.."